S

Funwithnancy

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Baby Shower cake pops

It's been a little too long since my last post. I am a slacker to say the least! I am snowed in today and had a revelation that I would blog. I can not believe how long it has been since my last entry. So, If anyone is still following me, Hi......Here is a cute little tutorial on sprucing up some cupcakes for a baby shower.
 
Make cake balls (the right way, see my tutorial here, If your a comedian and want to see how NOT to make them then read this)
I like to dip my stick in melted chocolate to act as "glue"
If you don't have a candy melter, use a double boiler (I usually put a glass bowl over a saucepan with enough water to boil, but doesn't touch the glass bowl bottom). This is my niece's candy melter, I didn't think it was any easier to use than a double boiler.
get some miniature cupcake liners and cut a slit down one side
Dip all of the cake pops in melted chocolate. I tinted these with a very small dot of orange to make a flesh color. Place in refrigerator for about 15-30 minutes to harden
After the chocolate has hardened, place each one into the liner and tape the bottom around the stick. This makes the top flare out like a little bonnet.
Hot glue a bow, and with brown colored chocolate, or melted chocolate chips, pipe a face onto each one. I put them back into the refrigerator for 15-30 min and your done!
I carried them in Tupperware with wax paper between each layer and placed them in the cupcakes at the event. I also make some chocolate letters of the babies name and used them as cupcake toppers.
I need one of those great cameras so my pics actually look as cute as the finished product!
Here is Diana, the Mommy. She had a boy by the way.......
 

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! Love your ideas! Shower was at work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

    This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

    For more please visit:
    http://tastyquery.com

    TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

    In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete