S

Funwithnancy

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cake balls the right way!

Let's try this again. One baked COLD cake crumbled with a fork. I made a white cake because I have a few (hundred) boxes left over from my nieces wedding. One can of any flavored frosting. I used cream cheese. One glass of my favorite wine. Not for the cake balls, just for me.
after you mix the crumbled cake & frosting, make little balls using aproximately one rounded teaspoon of the mixture. Refrigerate for a few hours.
You can microwave chocolate or use a double boiler. This is my red-neck version of a double boiler.
I used white bark, but you can use any type of chocolate or candy melts.
Don't let the steam from the double boiler get you. I did, it hurts! Ahhhh cool water.
now time to dip each cake ball into the chocolate coating. This is very time consuming and I end up using 2 whole blocks of bark.
I put them back into the refrigerator to firm up.
Here's an extra large close up! Where's my wine?
I put them into a pretty crystal bowl and they went like hot cakes! Everyone loved them, but I'm not sure they are worth all of the time and trouble. What do you think? Cake balls or just make a cake?
Love
Nancy

15 comments:

  1. I have GOT to try that recipe! I think the cake balls look well worth the effort... they would trump a cake in my book.

    P.S. Love your granite. I want to see that backsplash you get a glimpse of in the third to last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nancy, thanks for stopping by & checking out my laundry room & for the compliments. It's one of my fave spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to make some cake balls for the CI Office! Those look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal-Bahahahahaha! Thanks for dropping by my blogspot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the yummy recipe.

    P.S. I take pics in model homes, too... I keep my camera in my car at all times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm those look deeelish! You are very talented.. what a wedding cake you made too!
    Thanks for visiting today. Im off to look at more of your posts!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, looks yummy!! Thanks for stopping by my blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey again Nancy,

    You aren't listed, not sure why. Should be able to click on the follower button. Hmm, I don't know of anything else.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUMMY!!! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. Hope to see you again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always wondered how to make these. I think I see a surprise for my kids in the near future! Thanks for shaing and visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this.If you ever want to find new recipes or want to be featured on our blog.. come check us out. we love to feature anyone's work or yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am actually more of a fan of Oreo balls! You crush up Oreos and use a bar of cream cheese instead of cream cheese frosting. Then you dip them in chocolate! Mmmmmm!

    Your cake balls turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oreo balls! Yummy!!! What is there not to love about oreo cookies, cream cheese, & chocolate! I am going to make those someday! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just did a few batches of cake pops. Bakerella makes them look MUCH easier than they really are! Yours turned out great. I think they're worth the effort.
    BTW.. I'm your newest follower!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete