S

Funwithnancy

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Don't drink and bid!

A few years ago a very dear friend of mine invited my husband & I to a Ducks Unlimited charity event. Since we were building a lake house we thought it would be fun to look at some "duck" stuff. After a wonderful dinner and a few drinks (trust me it only takes one for me to be stupid!) the bidding on signed, numbered duck art began. It was our first auction event and we were pretty excited! A few hundred ($600 to be exact) dollars later we were the proud owners of 2 new duck pictures. The next morning all I could think was "really?" just how much did we drink? The pictures went into storage for about 5 years. Recently I decided to get them out and hang them at the lake house. I have to admit that I really don't like them and I most certainly would not pay the money that I spent on them so many years ago. But! in the spirit of charity I will not regret this and I will hang them up! OK, one small change has to happen. This frame is too ugly for me! Blue tape and some black stain to the rescue!
OK, this is better.
Here are two of my bedrooms. They are still a work in progress. I put up the beds so my guest wouldn't have to sleep on blow-up beds. Carpet or some type of flooring is in the future.
Once the flooring is in and more furniture arrives I think it will look warm and welcoming.
Ahhhh, ducks in flight....
and a warm little cabin scene....(I am laughing at myself here!).

6 comments:

  1. They look way better, great job! Funny story too! Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have ducks, I have cival war prints.

    Could be blue elephants, so ducks are good.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. $600 duck paintings! Holy cow, you must have had a little more than usual to drink! Lol. But like you said...all in the name of charity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too funny. However, they are much, much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many have done as you did at the auction... my husband is especially familiar with that experience. You did a great job on the frames and the paintings look great in the spaces where you placed them. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think anyone who's been to any auction has bidder remorse at one point or another. :o) And, oh to try and be the Sniper Bidder on eBay...that can really lead to 'what-was-I-thinking!' purchases. LOL You found a great solution for your prints. :o)Visiting from Pink Dandy. New follower wishing you a Happy Sunday! :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete