S

Funwithnancy

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 5, 2010

Who is this?

A few years ago when I was trying to design my basement kitchen cabinets at the lake house I ran across this picture in a home deco book. I can't tell you a thing about the kitchen it features, but look at that art piece on the back wall! BEAUTIFUL!!!! Who is she? What is it? A picture, a advertisement? a poster? How do I get it???
I went to several art stores.....Nothing!
I took the magazine photo to several other art/framing stores.....Nothing!
I searched the Internet for hours.......Until, one night and after 2 hours of Googling terms like "Italian lady in black dress" (produced pictures of mourning women)". "French lady in black dress" (produced pictures of hookers), Happy lady in black dress (I can't repeat what this got me!) and finally on the 20-something page of what had become a bored, drinking my beer kind of search....Her!!!! I found her!!! I felt like I had found the Holy Grail!!!! She is a 1950's ad for Olive Oil! Artist Gino Boccasile "Olio Radino".
And now she lives in my kitchen! I have never loved an art piece like I love her! She is happy and kind of reminds me of.....ME!

1 comment:

  1. Dont you LOVE when you track down something you know is just perfect... it IS like finding the Holy Grail! Hey, I looked at your fav pics of Chichilina... she is seriously cute. What is her age?

    ReplyDelete