S

Funwithnancy

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Zebra Baby Shower Finishing Touches

I promise this is the last of the zebra baby shower posts. I must admit it makes me sad. I had a lot of fun with this baby shower. I titled this finishing touches because it's that attention to all the small details that in the end gets you the "WOW" factor.
Water tub. I had this one from a friends baby shower, but as you see its not zebra.
But what's this? Zebra tape!
Like magic! it's a zebra tub now!
What would look cuter than this tub you ask? This tub full of zebra and pink personalized water bottles!
These are so adorable! I order my water bottle labels on-line, but you can make your own with computer programs and labels. I personally don't think it's worth the time or ink to make them myself.
If you're going to play games or need pens then this tutorial on fancy pens is a must! So easy and very inexpensive. Everyone loved them and asked if they could keep the pens!
Candy tables are all the rage, and I for one love them! We used a combination of home made and store bought goodies with adorable hand written labels. If your interested in the recipe for the chocolate pretzels or cream cheese mints here's the links.
we covered the table in hot pink plastic and pink tulle
We actually served a food buffet of fried chicken, pasta, etc, but somehow I didn't get any pictures! I was too busy talking working. I know (I suck!). However, I did manage to take a picture of the utensils. I have a short tutorial on how to wrap them.
This really cute banner was easily made by a real amateur (me). If you would like to make one see the tutorial.
One of the games we played was pass the tray. I love this game because its so fun to see how many items guest can remember when they only have 2 minutes to look at the tray. I made this from a previously used food tray. I hot glued the lid upside down onto the bottom tray and them used the zebra tape on the rim coordinate with our zebra theme.
I never know which sweeteners to serve. Sugar is a given, but the sugar substitutes can be tricky. Equal, Truvia, Splenda, etc. So, for a few extra dollars I just threw caution to the wind and served all of them. These unit of use packages are great because there is no waste. I found this hot pink & zebra heart container at the craft store and it worked perfectly!
I loved how it turned out.
I made 2 balloon poles. Here is the tutorial on this balloon pole. My only regret is the top balloon (the header)  was much smaller than the size I thought it was. I was disappointed, but it is what it is.
The entry table was adorable. The signature book, pens, baby wish cards, etc. We played a game where the Mommy-to-be drew names from the self-addressed Thank You cards. We gave every guest an envelope and asked them to self-address it. Now that makes the tasks of thank you cards much easier.
Hot drink station had coffee, decaf coffee, hot water, tea bags, & hot chocolate packets. I placed the cups and creamers on top of zebra scrap booking paper as a mat, stir sticks in a plastic zebra cup.
hand made labels added a nice touch.
I want a cup of coffee...
In the background you can see a zebra tray with zebra gifts. These were the guest gifts for the games we played. The tray is a simple tray wrapped in ribbon.
The tables were covered in hot pink with balloon bouquets. On the back wall you can see the gift table and next to it the cold drink station. One of my nieces friends made her a diaper cake. Such a cute idea for the gift table.
The knife and server were adorned with zebra ribbons
 The chocolate fountain table had marshmallows, wafer cookies, honey pretzel twists, strawberries, & Rice Krispie treats. We pre-speared them before hand to reduce wait time as guest dipped away. All the plates and napkins were of course hot pink & zebra print.
The Mommy-to-be by the cake table. You can check out the belly cake tutorial.
Zebra striped fondant toppers were adorable and super easy to make. See the above cake tutorial.
The cold drink station had this really cute pink lemonade fountain. Pop was placed in a big plastic tub covered in a black trash bag and taped with zebra tape and pink bow.
All in all it was a very fun shower and I think the guest had a great time. It is these little details that add up to one really great shower. I hope you can use some of these ideas for your next party!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to
    say that I've really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribing to your feed and I am hoping you write again soon!
    Feel free to visit my web-site xyitol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you blog and specially your ideas for zebra and hot pink shower. I have used a lot of them for my nieces baby shower coming up..thanks a lot you have been an inspiration and I can wait to see how my niece's baby shower turns out...but so far I am getting rave reviews from my sister and daughters on the items I have already put together...thanks again...your blog is so much fun to read and to look at...love it..Blanca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used many of the ideas on your blog for my daughter's upcoming baby shower! Everyone loves the water bottles (I used zebra duct tape. It covers the label on the bottle completely! I tied small red bows around the neck of each bottle. Too cute!) Also used your idea for the silverware. Gonna work on balloons now. Thanks so much for the great and simple ideas! Will let you know how things turn out! I am not much of a crafty person so your blog helped me immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get my water bottle labels from an Ebay vendor called The Favor Maker. I have used other ETSY vendors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is an incredible post my friend. Thank you very much for this share. Well, my sister is also expecting a baby and I want to host very special baby shower at some beautiful party venue Houston TX. Could you please suggest some theme ideas dear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love too! The first step is to find out what theme your Sister is decorating the baby's room in. I've done several showers in barn animals, adorable bees, baseball themed, anything is a hit! Then plan out the menu, do you want to serve brunch, lunch, or maybe a variety of appetizers. Then beverages, I love a punch bowl filled with an ice cream based sparkling punch in a color that matches or compliments the party colors, coffee with a variety of flavored creamers and sweetners, and water bottles decorated with labels in the party theme. decorate pens, cookies, get color coordinated candy, balloons, and the centerpiece of cake or cupcakes! So much fun!!! Congratulations on the upcoming joy and have a great time!

      Delete