S

Funwithnancy

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 30, 2012

Chocolate Pretzel Sticks

Today's blog is about chocolate covered pretzel sticks. They are supper easy to make. It almost seems silly to give you a tutorial, but I had to google the process since it was my first time. If your reading this, then maybe you've thought about making them too.
The shopping list is simple. I used candy melts, large pretzel sticks, and food coloring if needed.
I melted my candy in a glass jar so the dipping process would be easier than the tutorials I had seen on google.
Microwave the candy melts on high at 30 second intervals, stir, and repeat until all the candy is melted. I used a kabob skewer to mix.
line a cookie sheet with wax paper and start dipping the pretzels.
Here (this is a view using pink chocolate) you see how I tilted the jar to get a nice even coat of chocolate. Twirl your pretzel stick as your take it out to keep the chocolate coating even.
I placed the coated sticks into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. You will get some chocolate puddles but that's no problem.
Just use a knife and carve it off. I made white sticks with pink drizzles and visa versa. I put my contrasting colored chocolate into a plastic baggie, snipped off a very small section of one corner and used it as a pastry bag as I used a random drizzle pattern.
you don't need a knife to clean the excess drizzle, they just snap off with your fingers once they've dried. I bought Wilton pretzel bags, wrapped each one individually, and added curling ribbon. Unfortunately I don't have that picture but you can see the final presentation in the far left corner of the candy table below. I know I took those pictures! Sorry guys! Next time I'm going to stand them up in a vase instead of laying them down in a tray. Live and learn.
The taste of salty pretzel mixed with the sweet chocolate was just delicious! Give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment