S

Funwithnancy

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

how NOT to make cake balls

I had heard about cake balls and was quite thrilled to eat one (dozen) at my nieces bridal shower. I inquired how to make these delectable little wonders and this was what I was told..... Bake any flavor cake using the box directions. So 1 lemon cake box, 3 eggs, 1 cup water & 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
2) Wisk it all up, and bake at 350 until done.
While hot use a fork and shread it!
Add one container of any flavor frosting, mix into the shreaded hot cake.
I thought lemon cake, lemon frosting, and white chocolate coating....yummy!
all mixed up! now I have to make the balls.
See, I'm a good direction follower! Next step is to let them cool down before coating them in yummy white chocolate!.....but, they look gooey, not cakey......hum.....
maybe I should put them in the refrig for awhile.....
maybe a little bit longer.....Nope! still gooey! Let's do an internet search on cake balls. Oh, all the recipes I found said to let the cake COOL before adding the frosting!!!! UGH!!
Next time....do the internet search first!
Cost of ingredients.... about 5 bucks.
Time invested.....about 3 hours.
Lesson learned.....Cake balls, their not as cute as I thought they were!
Final thoughts.....Internet search priceless, girl at bridal shower-little witch!

No comments:

Post a Comment