S

Funwithnancy

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Orange Fluff Jello Salad

Sometimes the best things to eat are the simplest. I love this easy Jell-O salad that my sister use to make. It's always been a Holiday favorite in my family. I'm making it as one of our side dishes for Thanksgiving this year, and I wanted to share it with you.
The photo's here are for a double recipe but I will only give you the ingredients for one recipe.
One small box of Jell-O orange (you can use sugar-free but I don't like the after taste it has)
One small container of Dry Curd cottage cheese
Or you can buy regular cottage cheese and strain it over night in the refrigerator.
1/2 to 1 cup (depends on your taste) of chopped nuts. I've used black walnuts and pecans and they are both great.
One large can of crushed pineapple drained. This really needs to be drained to the point of it being dry.
Mix well
2 small containers of Cool Whip (I doubled the recipe so you see 4 of them pictured)
Fold in gently
2 small cans of Mandarin oranges, cut and drained (save a few for decorating)
gently fold those in too.
I have made this for years and every time I put it in different containers. I have placed it in bowls, pans, you name it. I've piped Cool Whip borders, and decorated it a hundred different ways. Today I feel like spooning it into my mothers vintage Pyrex mixing bowl.
A few orange pieces and nuts and I'm done
Nice & simple this year. For some reason I am in a state of simplicity this year. May God bless your home with love, peace, & most of all fun this Holiday season.

7 comments:

  1. Your jello salad looks scrumptious and I'm sure it is very special to you since your sis used to make it. The mandarins and pineapple sound so good together and what doesn't taste better with Cool Whip in it? Do you chill it for awhile or is it ready to eat once the ingredients are combined? I can't wait to try it... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, Sorry I should have said it needs to be refrigerated. It taste good right after it's done but the texture is so much nicer after a few hours in the fridge. The key here is to really drain the ingredients well. It's a great make ahead dish, and I know I love one less dish to make on Thanksgiving day!
    Enjoy! Make a double batch!!!! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe! I love anything with mandarin oranges in it!

    I'm a new follower from Pink Dandy Sunday Blog Hop!
    Would love for you to visit my page and follow back!
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    Frugal Invitation
    http:/www.frugalinvitation.com
    http://twitter.com/thefrugalinvite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! *stomach growls*

    Btw, I hopped here from the Pink Dandy blog. Please come join my Autumn Blog Hop if you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's Thanksgiving without Orange Fluff Fruit Salad? Looks de-lish!!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jello fluff salad was a huge hit at our Thanksgiving dinner, everyone loved it! I really like the way you show how to make your recipes with pictures, so easy to follow.
    I'm going to make your cheesecake for Christmas dinner, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jeanette! I'm glad you enjoyed it! You'll LOVE the cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete