S

Funwithnancy

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Spooky Fingers

I made these creepy bloody fingers last Halloween. Everyone loved them, especially the little ones! They were fun and easy to make
I used a butter cookie recipe (see below) and placed a sliced almond for the fingernail. Drizzled seedless raspberry jam for the blood and presto! Yukky Yummy cookies!

You couldn't eat one without laughing! So funny to see the grown ups eat them.
Here's the recipe if you dare.....
1 cup butter or margarine 
1/2 cup sifted powder sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla (I used lemon)
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
Sliced almonds (you'll need one small package)

Cream the butter, powder sugar, & flavoring til fluffy. Blend Flour & baking powder; stir into butter mixture. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. These cookies spread when cooked so make the fingers thin. Put about 2 tsp of dough (I like to chill the dough for about 15 min) on your workspace & roll into thin finger. I rolled mine so that the knuckles would be slightly larger. Use a knife to make knuckle lines and place one almond slice on the tip to make finger nail. Bake on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for about 7 min. These are delicate when hot so I used parchment paper to help transfer them to the cooling rack. Once cooled place some raspberry or any red seedless jam into a zip lock bag, snip off one end so you can drizzle onto cookie. Place on tray. Can be left at room temp or chilled.
Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. These are AWESOME! They are funny, creepy, and kind of gross looking, but I'd totally eat them. I can just imagine everybody's faces when you served them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, those ARE spooky fingers! But, they also look delicious =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, lol! You did a really good job making them look real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tweeted your Spooky Fingers!
    Love your Blog!
    I am a new follower, now.
    found you at the blog hop.
    Living Out Loud
    http://lgreenss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im from pink dandy blog hop- very fun recipe! my kids would like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following me at http://theworldlaughswithyou.blogspot.com. This recipe looks fabulous!

    I am following you now too.

    Angel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great! I can't wait to make spooky treats! Found you through the blog hop, now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Nancy! Thanks for following. I will follow you as well. You dog is sooo cute!!! That's great that you are Italian too. I actually consider Sicilian & Italian the same thing.:) I'm am Sicilian,Calabrian, & Neopolitan Italian. Very creative blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these. Following you from Pink Dandy Chatter. I hope you'll follow my cooking & craft blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, seriously gross, but looks good at the same time. I bet they were yummy! My kids would adore me if I made these. Might have to...
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... how did you come up with these?! I laughed out loud when I read this post. I'm like Christa, they look seriously gross but I bet they are delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yours turned out great! Mine looked so real it was almost hard to eat them! Yikes!
    http://morethanmulberriesrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/10/witch-finger-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete